You are excitedly expecting a child, but maybe your dog isn’t quite as sure that this is a good thing. Has he become clingy? Is he needing more of your attention? Has he started doing things he hasn’t done in a long time? You understand what’s happening, but your dog doesn’t! Now is the time to begin the process of helping your dog adjust and to learn or solidify must-have manners, while reassuring him that he is still a much loved member of the family. Gain practical solutions and information that will help you prepare your dog for the coming changes to your family, be it the first baby or the fourth. By establishing routines with everybody’s comfort and safety in mind, you become a more Dog Aware™ family.
Initial consultation includes:
- Pre- and post-visit support:
- Preliminary survey analysis as part of registration process
- Pre-visit review of your submitted short videos and pictures
- Post-visit report summarizing observations and recommendations
- Ongoing support for follow-up questions
- Visit format:
- Review of dog’s current behaviors and skills, environment, current management practices, and family interactions
- Discussion of materials previously provided
- Opportunity for questions/discussion/education
- Initial training exercises
- Materials to support education and training
Group class clients looking for individual help post-session can usually bypass the initial consultation, as can owners of young puppies (under 5 months old). Contact me to discuss.
Learn more about how the Baby Bundle can build on your Initial Consultation