Well-meaning people give lots of advice – “Control your dog!” or “Control your children!” – but how?! With all the conflicting information out there, it’s hard to discern best practices. Get family-friendly solutions that are dog-friendly too. Management and training recommendations are based on the latest science and force-free training methods using the principles of classical and operant conditioning. Your family will gain a greater understanding of your dog and build stronger relationships based on mutual respect and trust (become more Dog Aware™).
Initial consultation includes:
- Pre- and post-visit support:
- Preliminary survey analysis as part of registration process
- Pre-visit review of your short videos and pictures submitted by email
- Post-visit report summarizing observations and recommendations
- Ongoing support via phone and email
- Visit format:
- Review of dog’s current behaviors and skills, environment, current management practices, and family interactions
- Discussion of materials previously provided
- Opportunity for questions/discussion/education
- Initial training exercises
- Materials to support education and training
- Group class clients looking for individual help post-session can usually bypass the initial consultation, as can owners of young puppies
If you have already had your Initial Consultation, or you are able to bypass it, you may be interested in the BFF Pack.
To sign up for your Consultation for Families with Children, please register here.