You are excitedly expecting a child, but maybe your dog isn’t quite as sure. Has he become clingy? Is he needing more of your attention? Has he started doing things he hasn’t done in a long time? You understand what’s happening, but your dog doesn’t! Now is the time to work on must-have manners and […]
Private services are designed for specialized training outside of a group class, if a group setting is not appropriate for your dog or if you prefer an in-depth education and one-on-one attention. Please contact me prior to registering to ensure that you are selecting the service that is ideal for you, your family and your pup. My specialties are listed below and are given priority. If you don't have one of these specific needs, you may want to see my Referrals page, located under the Resources tab.
- Helping people that have children or are expecting a child to prepare their dog for the ongoing changes that living with children brings. As a licensed consultant for Family Paws Parent Education, I take great pleasure in helping families to become more Dog Aware!
- Early puppy socialization (under 5 months old) to all facets of life with humans, as well as puppy care and training
- Newly adopted adult dogs that appear unsure or afraid
- Children with concerns about their dog or other dogs
NOTE: Generally, the services I offer are not designed for dogs with true behavior issues requiring extensive modification. If you have children in the home with such dogs, please contact me to discuss how I can help you. Otherwise, please refer to the Resources tab for additional support.
Fees for Private Services:
- Initial Consultation in the home (approx. 2 hrs): $180
- Pre- or New Puppy Primer Visit or Single Follow Up in home (1 hour): $90
- Package of 3 hours of time (Puppy Pack, Baby Bundle, Toddler Tote, BFF Pack): $225
- Visits after a package or two follow-ups: $70/hour
- A mileage fee of $15 will be applied for locations 20-30 miles from Westford, $30 for 30-40 miles
- Private Lesson at St. Mark's Church, 75 Cold Spring Road, Westford - limited availability. Please contact me if interested. These can also be semi-private if you have a friend you wish to train with.
- Half hour: $30 private or $20/person semi-private
- Full hour: $60 private or $40/person semi-private
Click on any of the titles below for additional information.
3 hours of time, in up to 3 visits or including live remote consulting and video analysis, prior to baby’s arrival, spaced according to your timeline and needs, including a remote “check-in” call or video chat after baby is born. Provides guidance in preparing for baby with an eye toward being Dog Aware™ Provides coaching […]
Maybe Rover was fine when baby came home but isn’t so happy now that baby is starting to crawl. Growing baby mean constant change, and your dog doesn’t have an app for that! He needs guidance and support to help him through this confusing period of child development. Learn how to juggle life with dogs […]
3 hours of time, in up to 3 visits or including live remote consulting and video analysis, to check effectiveness of management, coach you on training recommendations, and adjust the plan as needed as your children grow/your needs change Gives you the reassurance of “check-ins” to make sure implementation of management and training is effective. […]
Well-meaning people give lots of advice – “Control your dog!” or “Control your children!” – but how?! With all the conflicting information out there, it’s hard to discern best practices. Get family-friendly solutions that are dog-friendly too. Management and training recommendations are based on the latest science and force-free training methods using the principles of […]
3 hours of time, in up to 3 visits or including live remote consulting and video analysis, to check effectiveness of management, empower children to become more Dog Aware™, coach you on training recommendations, and adjust the plan as needed as your children grow/your needs change Gives you the reassurance of “check-ins” to make sure […]
Congratulations on your new puppy! Caring for and raising a young puppy into a well-adjusted adult dog is a big responsibility. That first year is critical to ensuring that your dog will be comfortable with the world and understand what is expected of him, but with all the conflicting information out there, it’s hard to […]
3 hours of time, in up to 3 visits, to give you guidance in implementing your customized management/training plan with your puppy/new dog and developing your own puppy raising/dog transitioning and handling skills. Fee: $225 No initial consultation required for puppies under 6 months, if this is the only dog or there are no children […]
Congratulations, and thank you for adopting an older dog! Adolescents can be challenging anyway, and even more so while they are trying to figure out the expectations of their new home. Adult dogs often need additional time to build trust while they settle into their new life, particularly if they’ve been rehomed before. Adopting dogs […]
First/Second Follow-Up: $90 You can pay for your first/second follow-up here. Additional Follow-Up: $70 You can pay for additional follow-ups here.