Welcome to Fingers and Paws Dog Training!
- Need help with a new puppy? Or a recently adopted dog? Or preparing your “fur baby” for a real baby?
- Does your dog seem distressed by your increasingly mobile baby? Or perhaps you are now, even though you weren’t before?
- Looking for help with teaching your children how to respect and interact safely with dogs?
- Are you a school enrichment coordinator or a healthcare provider (for humans or animals) looking to provide your students, patients, or clients with science-based information about raising dogs safely, humanely, and compassionately alongside infants, babies, and children?
You’ve come to the right place. My name is Lisa Bert, and I am a nationally certified Dog Trainer and a graduate with distinction of Karen Pryor Academy’s intensive Dog Trainer Professional course. I offer family friendly group classes and in-home services tailored to people’s specific needs. I specialize in helping people with new puppies, newly adopted dogs, bringing baby into a home with dogs, and raising dogs and children together. My goal is to lay the foundation for you to positively communicate with your dog to teach your dog anything you want. In the process, you will gain a greater understanding of your dog and build a stronger relationship based on mutual respect and trust. This is particularly important in homes where children and dogs are together – including at Grandma and Grandpa’s house or a private daycare. As a licensed Parent Educator for Family Paws Parent Education, I specialize in helping families create a safe and nurturing environment in which everyone is age-appropriately dog aware and the dog is an integral member of your growing family.
Clicker-based positive training in a relaxed, non-judgmental atmosphere. Learn how to reinforce your dog’s desired behaviors to encourage better choices and habits. See Group Classes page for more details.
- Puppy Socialization
- Puppy Obedience
- Basic Obedience 1 & 2
- Level 2 mini-classes for specific skills
- and more!
One-on-one, customized, positive, in-depth training and education in the comfort of your own home. See In-Home Services page for more details.
- Newly adopted dog consultation
- Support for families with or expecting children
- Pre- or New-puppy primer visit
- Follow-up private training
- Tailored packages
Human-only educational seminars – sorry pups! – and community events where you can meet the trainer. See Seminars & Events page for more details.
- Dogs & Storks® – preparing family dogs for life with baby
- Dogs & Toddlers™ – preparing families with dogs for life with toddlers
- BE A TREE™ – fun, interactive program for children of all ages
- Lowell Humane Society Steps For Pets annual fundraiser walk
Areas Served: For baby- and child-specific concerns I am willing to travel throughout Northeastern Massachusetts (Middlesex county and parts of Essex and Worcester county) and Southern Hillsborough County, New Hampshire (Nashua or connecting towns) or help you find another Family Paws Parent Educator closer to you. For more general assistance, I serve Acton, Ayer, Bedford, Billerica, Bolton, Boxborough, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Concord, Dracut, Dunstable, Groton, Harvard, Littleton, Lowell, Maynard, Pepperell, Stow, Tewksbury, Tyngsborough, Westford and Nashua NH.